There is a group of students that have a lot of passion to reach out to their fellow classmates who are hurting. These students need a way to be encouraged, equipped, and empowered to make a difference in their school and church. Also, for the most part the church has turned a blind eye and doesn’t want to recognize the issues causing depression and suicide. Momentum will be that vehicle to equip and empower young people to speak out about issues that are directly affecting their lives.
What might students be doing?
- Each month you will pick an issue (that is most important to you) to discuss and find creative ways to make others in your school and church aware of it.
- Join with ”Pathfinder” mentoring program and volunteer to mentor Elementary & Middle School Students once a week for an hour or so after school.
- Help plan events like “Every 15 Minutes” or “The 7 Project” that offers truth and life to fellow students.
- Start developing a Youth Group Curriculum to address the most pressing issues.
- Sharing this club with others so that they too can start a club like this in their school.
- “Shine Your Light” Campaign
- Visit churches to equip them to become more relevant to youth culture today.